Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSD:-How to determine if AHCI Mode is on/working ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD:-How to determine if AHCI Mode is on/working ??

My Motherboard is GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.1)
    My Boot Drive with Windows 7 x64 is Crucial's SSD M255 (128 GB)

I have set the following 4 options to make sure AHCI mode is ON With my boot drive 128GB Crucial SSD.

Integrated Peripherals
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. AHCI
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode .................................................. Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

All this is setup in the BIOS, but where of where is some software to tell me YES AHCI is working?

Is there a clue, software, anything to test to determine if I am AHCI instead of IDE Mode?

Please help.
    USA Government should required by federal law to issue $2,500 vouchers to every citizen towards the purchase of a new computer system every year. ALSO, vouchers can be sold/traded/bought and combined, and vouchers have no name on them for combining and selling vouchers.
    Can you imagine how many MILLION jobs this would create?

Re: SSD:-How to determine if AHCI Mode is on/working ??

That would create jobs but your what country are you trying to create jobs for?

Oh wait wrong question.

I test with the UD7 and just keep it all switched to AHCI. There are a couple of ways you can test to see AHCI is on and the features it brings are working. Sandra is a good tool to just look and see if your in AHCI mode. You can also use AS SSD to see what driver is being used.

On the test side grab Crystal Disk Market, run the test at 1000 and see if your queue depth tests perform better than the standard 4K test. If so then you have working NCQ and that mean AHCI is running.

Comment

Working...
    X