Just Wondering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering?

I was just wondering if anyone had heard any news on anyone supporting raid 0 or any raid for that matter trim or plans to support it?

Marcus

Re: Just Wondering?

No news yet, I am pretty sure once Intel gets off there arses and gives us SATA 6GB/s on the ICH then we will have it, until then I doubt we will ever see it.

Comment

yeah hopefully they will make a raid card. Im getting the Highpoint rocket raid 640 and i talked to a guy over at intel about this card and it sapposedly supporting trim and he said that intels ssd support trim its just that the problem was the controller couldnt pass the trim command. So he said that intel ssd toolbox might pass the trim command if the controller says it supports trim in raid. I plan on testing this out in the next couple weeks when i get the card but hopefully soon someone will release something so raid 0 will support trim.

Comment

Ohh really? I have one of those on the way myself, thanks Chris!

TweakTown did a review on that controller, I am sure it probably does support TRIM but not in a RAID array.

Not really sure about RAID Cards myself, do they even support single drives, if they do that is probably what the Intel guy you spoke with meant, that this card support single drive TRIM or RAID mode enabled single drive NON-Member RAID mode TRIM.

As of now I don't think anything does in RAID
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-13-2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Well i clearly stated RAID 0 in my question and he said he didnt know that he couldnt speak for other hardware but i could test it an c. When you get it if you have 2 ssd test it and see if you will.

Thanks!

Marcus

Comment

I have 2 C300 drives, how could I easily test TRIM since these have built in GC it would be hard to tell

Comment

So,its true that Trim is not supported in Raid?I've been considering buying an SSD for win 7 but not without Trim.I suppose there's no work around for this problem???

Comment

currently there is no trim for ssd. I have heard the ocz vertexes can use garbage collection in raid 0 but thats the only ssd that will do it. This raid card sapposedly supports it but i havent heard any successful stories on it. As far as the c300's if you have this raid card and raid them together see if your trim command is still turned on when u have them in raid 0. Idk what the command is to show if its turned on but im sure u can google around and find out.

Comment

No TRIM for RAID< but GC works just as good

Seeing if the command is turned on means nothing but that simply, it is enabled. That does not mean it is working or anything, only that is is enabled by the disk or OS

CMD to run

"fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify"

TRIM Enabled If Result is

"DisableDeleteNotify = 0"

Comment

Working...
                  X