does anyone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beefy,

If your case is getting too hot I would be worried if that heat is causing damage to your hard drive or motherboard. I would get a hard drive cooling unit. I think you can get them from CompUSA they look kind of like a box that you can put your drive in and it has fans and a filter to keep dust and other stuff from harming your drive. Last I knew they weren't too pricey.

Or you can always buy more cooling fans.

Your choice.

Comment

I don't think that CompUSA would help him out to much as he lives in Australia. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Woops... that would pose a problem.

Maybe someone else knows of a store in Australia that carries hard drive cooling units?

Comment

since the death of my 15 month old deathstar last week.

I bought a new WD 80GIG Special Edition drive. It works great but now there is one problem. Several posts up in this thread I was told that IBM drives have internal temperature probes. And that program that I used to use at hddtemperature.com worked great. Now it doesn't seem to work on my new disk. Do WD's not have internal probes?

Comment

I was looking for a temp probe for my WD SE drive and found this list on http://www.hddtemperature.com/hdds.html and it seems that none of the drives have the temp probe...bummer:cry:

Comment

Well I can now tell ya's (as I'm now in the house) that the WD JB800 in Thunder (see sig) is runnin' at 33.3C (or 5.2C above room temp (currently 28.1C) and as usual still under full load with SMART FAN II for the drive cage off (temp goes down 0.6C with SMART FAN II @ 4000rpm but my senses rebell). ;)

<small>figures obtained by thermal sensor attached to HDD and read by a DigitalDoc5</small>

Comment

in that case wiggo..........I should be able to get temps of my new SE drive soon cuase I just blew away my last paycheck on case mods. Yes I'm modding my case again. Anyway in the list of mods (not really a mod) I bought a hardcano5. Just thought I'd let yuh know. I ordered it on friday with 3day shipping hopefully it will be in by wednesday or thursday at the most. I still haven't gotten a damn tracking number

Comment

Ok then but ya may have already read my other post about this other question ya have/had by now. ;)

I'm only replyin' atm while I'm on hold on the landline. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X