Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with sony DRU 500 AX DVD burner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with sony DRU 500 AX DVD burner...

OK, I have win xp pro installed...I have re- installed the latest firmware (version 2.1A) for my sony DRU 500 ax DVD burner. BUT in windows explorer...it ONLY recognises it as a cd burner.... WTF???

What the hell is going on with this burner? Does anyone know? I even tried to re-install nero version 6.6.0.8 after I had installed the latest firmware but no luck....it STILL will not burn my DVDs!

Do I just need to reformat?? For some reason....windows is not seeing my DVD burner as a DVD burner...it only says it is a cd burner! Is there a way to fix this?? Any help you could give would be appreciated.

By the way, when I try to burn a DVD, it only burns a short part of it and then spits it out and gives a message that says that the DVD wasn't burned properly!

Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(FAT 32- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) Sony DRU 500 AX DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats-4x-24x-4x) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a bearpaw scanner, HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.
    Last edited by webe3; 05-19-2005, 09:04 PM.
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Re: Need help with sony DRU 500 AX DVD burner...

BINGO!! I FOUND OUT WHAT WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM!! It was ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR!! I Removed that and the "dvd-rw drive e:" came back in windows explorer!!

If you are having problems with your cd or dvd burner remove that software and it might work!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Glad you got it squared away. I've not used the Roxio products before because I've always heard bad things about their compatibility. Guess I've been hearing correctly.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Well NOW I found out that even though the stupid icon is back...I am STILL burning coasters! I have had enough...I am going to get me another brand of dvd burner and be done with it.
        Here are my specs:

Comment

I finally just chuncked the sony and went with a BenQ dvd burner 16x +/-R. Works great!
          Here are my specs:

Comment

Working...
          X