RAID Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAID Swap?

I have 4 drives in two RAID 0 arrays on a 4-port PCI card, I also have new parts on the way which includes a new MB with onboard SATA controllers.

Will my data be preserved when I move over to the new controllers as long as I keep the same config?(stripe size/drive order)

My best guess would be yes, but I was wondering if anyone here knows for sure.

Thanks!

Re: RAID Swap?

I answered this one myself by doing it. The new controller did not recognize the existing RAID 0 and I had to rebuild it. Also, XP completely freaked out with the new hardware, I could not even reload on top of what I had...even though I kept the old controller card. I had to reformat..DOH!

Interesting though, is that I am going to use one drive for C so when I took the extra drive out, windows setup still recognized it as the 73gig(2x36gig). I had to remove/rebuild the partition.

Comment

I thought that everyone knew now that when you change mainboards you have to reload XP.

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
        I thought that everyone knew now that when you change mainboards you have to reload XP.
        If I was the last one that didn't, then yes...everyone now knows that you have to reload XP with a mainboard swap.

I was primarily wanting to know if the RAID would stay intact from controller to controller. Judging by the lack of replies, It seems nobody knew that.

Comment

Actually we (or at least I) visit unregularly and you had answered yourself by the time we (again, at least I) even saw the thread. ;)

Comment

Working...
          X