hard drive probs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard drive probs..

I been having HDD troubles lately. Earlyer today, I was installing Warcraft 3, when i got an error telling me the game couldnt be insatlled. I have two HDDs and I was installing to my Maxtor 40Gb 5400rpm. I went into my computer and the drive was even listed. I shut off computer and removed the molex, and plugged it in again. Booted back up went into bios and it was listed. When I got back into WInodws it was back on the list, so I ran HDD speed. The drive in question get an average of about 3.35mb of bandwidth and 3.35mb sequential. I havent any slower loading times... :? This has happend before with my main drive and windows crashed.. but this time with the drive. I updated my IDE controller drivers and everything running ok.. any ideas? should i get a new hard drive?

SEAGATE OFFICIAL SUPPORT Get the most out of all your data storage devices with how-to videos and articles, software downloads, technical support information, and data recovery services.

get that ^ from Maxtor's site and scan your HD to see whether it has problems or not. Also read the whole page for your own sake and to know what the utility does.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

EDIT: I see what I have to do now, but I have no floppy :?

Comment

It is the correct program for testing your Maxtor hard drive. Not sure but I don't see any reason why you couldn't burn it to a cd instead of a floppy and boot from that to run the tests.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Working...
        X