HD reliablility website...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD reliablility website...

Boy, I seemed to have lost my bookmark to the site that allows anyone to log in, and update info as to what drives they own, and how reliable they have been.

The site then takes that info and creates statistics, like percent failure within the first three months, 6 months, 1 yr, 2yr, etc. I found the site before ever coming here, but I believe the site was a favorite of ct_ 's?

I really thought it had a simple URL, but after a few hours of looking on google, I can't seem to find any trace of it. I am an experienced user of google, and there isn't much I can't find, especially when I am familiar with the site!!

I really hope this site still exists, because it was a phenomonal resource...

Something like hard drive hell? Just trying to remember back a while. Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but it may be a start.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

wasn't mine, but that sounds likea good idea to add to it whenever i get it back online (pay for hosting again, that is)

www.harddriveHELL.com and www.alltherules.com are offline untill i find a free (w/no ads or banners or whatever) site to host them on (less than 100mb space is all it needs)

:hammer: :cry:

Comment

StorageReview.com is a world leading independent storage authority. While storage reviews is in the name, we look at the entire IT stack.

Comment

Yea, I found all of those in my search.... I think hard drive hell was the one I was looking for. Storagereview only does reviews on drives, I am looking for massive stats from thousands of users in order to see how the various new hard drive models are doing.

I hope the site will be back online soon, because it does a tremendous favor to the entire industry, especially the HD companies who are producing REALLY good drives.

Comment

Storage review has two databases exactly what you described in your original post

under "performance database" and "reliability survey" on the home page at the top.

Comment

Ok, I did not see the link to the reliability survey... I do not really need to know any more about performance, as the main tech sites have covered that topic extensively. I am more interested in seeing what percent of drives are failing in the first year, two years, etc.

I filled out the survey and looked for the stats, but I didn't have any luck. I posted a comment there asking if the stats are available, and so I am sure someone there knows and will respond.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
              X