No announcement yet.

anyone running Seagate Barracuda SATA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone running Seagate Barracuda SATA?

I'm curious what kind of performance people are getting from these drives in a SATA system. I'm currently running a single Barracuda 120GB on SATA and am about to go out and buy and install a second one and set up an array. The thing is I'm not so impressed with the performance of this drive on it's own compared with a good ATA drive. It may be the benchmarks just don't do it justice but it feels a little slower also. Maybe a raid0 setup would improve things a lot on this drive.

Running the onboard controller on my A7N8X deluxe.

Anyone else running these drives?

I agreee with you, I am running the Intel 875 Board and a P4 3.0 with the same drive and it is not what I expected at all. Feels quite slow and the responce (Burst Speed) is not much if at all better then the Maxtor ATA133 drive that was in there before.

Thanks for the post I thought that it was just my pc!

Craig

Comment

I am not sure wether I agree.
      I have the barracuda 80gb on the a7n8x deluxe 2.0 and think that it is much faster than my old ata100 drive
      But people do say thatI am wierd so that might be it
      :devil:

Comment

I've got 2 x 120GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA drives in a RAID array. I must say they perform better than any hard drive I've ever had, but that could also be the fact that it's my first real RAID...

Comment

Hi there,

Yes i do find it quicker than the normal hard drive I have
          2x Maxtor 80gb and I seagate sata 160 gb as a slave and
          No Raid

cheers:cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Working...
          X