• Show
Clear All

• NV30 = Nitro ??

Could the NV30 be called Nitro ?? hmm..

Could this be a hint ?
    :?:
    SPAM Special Ops

impressive... most impressive

Maybe Nitro, i think going past the number 5 for any heirachy in product lines is taking one more step toward letting consumers know that technology is fleeting and that maybe they should save their money and only upgrade when truly necessary...

Comment

eguana
      but keep it shush

Comment

Originally posted by tsunami_desu
        eguana
        but keep it shush
        Eguana ? How the hell...:?: :rolleyes2 :?:

NV30 is NOT GeForce architecture....It's tile based..
        But that doesn't mean their marketing folks aren't retarded...They might keep the Geforce name because it's well known..TOO WELL KNOWN IF YOU ASK ME...
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

joking

:wave:

Comment

Well it's starting to look like the marketing department at nVidia really don't have a clue...

"* Sources revealed that NV30 will be known as GeForce 5 with continuation of the current Titanium lines. The availability of NV30 cards is expected to be early next year. However, NVIDIA is expected to move on quickly to the next generation NV35 to counter R350."

Source: VR-Zone
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Its not the nVidia marketing department that doesnt have a clue, its the people that are spreading rumours that you read on the internet. Wouldn't this come across as common sense?

Comment

Evol I dont quite get the statement that nv30 isnt geforce architecture?
                what is geforce architecture?

these share the same architecture, but modified
                NV10 was Geforce 256
                nv15 geforce2

New achitecture and then modded to gf4
                NV20 GF3
                NV25 GF4

now the nextgen arch to fit the standards of DX9 (and some it seems)
                NV30
                and i could prolly guess it will be fitted with 256bit memory bus and some other enhancements to make up NV35

where did you get the idea of tile based rendering?
                here is some reliable NV30 info.. not much but nvidia has been keeping a tight lid on it so far..

Comment

Naming it GeForce5 would be a bad step even thou it does sound like common sense. But we'll find out next week as it does officially launch at Comdex...

Comment

yupp..
                    until then those that havent seen the Nvidia mania day pics and info might wanna have a peek

But the Geforce is a established name, and i cant recall anything bad assosiated with it... so why not go for it? =)
                    one thing im a bit conserned about is that theyre sticking with a 128bit memory bus, while radeon has a 256bit one..
                    so when ati goes DDRII they will have a upperhand in the bandwith department..
                    Seems like the real strenth of NV30 is in the shaders..
                    i suspect a nv35 would wield a 256bit bus.. would make sense.

I just posted some info i read about OCing the radeon on the graphics card forum.. there seems to be a small gap between the GPU and the heatspreader, and some think its because ATis saving the radeons power for the NV30 launch..
                    since if you make them connect you can OC the card quite alot.

Comment

Seems like a good possibility that the NV30 will be called GeforceFX
                      One reason is the CineFX engine it uses, another one is this

According to this

Nvidia has registered the geforcefx domain..

Still its not final, and Im not convinced until i hear the announcment from Nvidia at Comdex..
                      and frankly i dont give a rats ass what its called.. as long as it rocks the business hehe.

And a Quote from Xbitlabs with my favorite part in bold

"Remember that NVIDIA GeForceFX features 8 rendering pipelines with 2 TMUs on each one, DirectX 9 support, 256/128-bit DDR SDRAM memory controller, AGP 8x and a lot more technical innovations.
                      I would like to point out that some Pixel and Vertex Shader features the GeForceFX can offer are even better than provided by the target DirectX 9.0 platform.
                      Additionally, the next-generation VPU from NVIDIA offers some very efficient memory controller to provide even higher memory bandwidth compared to the rivals and predecessors.

The GeForceFX is to be announced on Monday, the 18th of November. NVIDIA will only be able to deliver the next-generation highly-anticipated NV30 graphics processors in January or February next year"

Comment

Saw some new juicy rumors on the NV30 over here..

Still im not taking anything for granted untill the reviews hit the web, but it does look very promising.

again with the quotes:
                        "We can also confirm that with 1.0 GHz data rate plus Lightspeed Memory Architecture 3, a card will be able to reach an amazng 48 GB/s , double what the Radeon 9700 PRO can do with its DDR 256 bit memory. Remember Nvidia will use 128 bit memory this time and will save its breath for 256 bit DDR II for future designs."

Comment

HAha.. i love this.. seems like the name GeforceFX is based on this website.

well i just took another look at it..
                          i suggest you all have a peek =)

Comment

I've seen a spec sheet for both the GeForce FX and the GeForce 4 Ti being compare, it seems that the FX card can do over 9 times the amount of instrustions in some cases, and also very-high bit operations, I bet when this beauty launches, it'll be very expensive but worth it's money, keeping in mind that it's obviously MUCH faster and has features that even DirectX 9 doesn't support yet.

I'm going to be saving up for this monster!

Comment

Working...
                            X