the next Intel processor, Sandy Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the next Intel processor, Sandy Bridge

The news is coming out that the next generation processor from Intel is going to be Sandy Bridge. The socket for it will be a different one than is being used on motherboards now for the I5 and I3 processors, and different than the ones used for the I7 processors. So, when I thought I might see a few years on the 1366 socket, it looks like I gambled wrong. I'll be updating what used to be the high end Intel chipset, X58 board with parts that will soon be out of manufacture. It bothers me that Intel does that

Re: the next Intel processor, Sandy Bridge

Me too - especially as I just had to buy a new PC just before xmas :( *sigh* well at least it'll push the X58 boards and i7 chip prices down :) I will save up and buy something better than the i7 950 when they drop :)
    i7 3770k (1.6-4.2 GHz) / Hydro H100i / Asus P8Z77-V Premium / 16GB DDR3 2400 Team Group Xtreem Frostbite CL10 RAM / XFX 7990 / 250GB Sansung 840 Evo / 2 x 3TB Seagates in RAID-1 / 1TB Seagate for storage / Corsair HX750 / HAF932 / BenQ XL2411T monitor / CM Storm Trigger brown keyboard & Storm Recon mouse
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Despite having a GNVQ Intermediate and an AVCE Advanced in IT and ICT, I consider myself a noob with computers now as they are more advanced than I can deal with

Comment

Re: the next Intel processor, Sandy Bridge

Having given thought to it, however, the X58 based I7-930 computer I have now is no slouch and likely the whole machine itself will last me a few years. As far as upgrades, I could go SLI (I already have what used to be the top end GTX 480 card). The next thing I am going to do is stripe my two 1 TB HD's since I am running my OS on an SSD.

Comment

Working...
      X