• Show
Clear All

• MS drops XP activation?

Microsoft agrees to remove XP activation, slashes price to bone

why the same is not happening with us? :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I did notice that the activation info on Microsoft's website says that a patch to disable activation will be released at the end of the products life due to Microsoft not having the resources to support unsupported products.

Comment

Originally posted by Lava Lamp Freak
      I did notice that the activation info on Microsoft's website says that a patch to disable activation will be released at the end of the products life due to Microsoft not having the resources to support unsupported products.
      but XP might not get that "unsupported" tag till atleast 2006 or may be 2007.
      they are thinking about doing it right now...:shrug:
      Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
      Last Updated:
      10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
      ======================
      jabber : [email protected]
      =======================
      Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
      yabaa dabaa doo...
      Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thailand is known for its extreme piracy, so my guess is that M$ is trying give an incentive to the people there to buy a legit version of XP. M$ has made enough money off of XP at this point that it's not going to hurt it to sell it cheap to a relatively small area.

Also, since M$ has made it clear that it feels threatened by Linux, it wouldn't surprise me at all if M$ does something similar in other limited areas where Linux has gained a strong foothold.

Comment

their so called "support" is after the fact anyways....so whats the difference if they stop supporting it now?

Comment

"Why can't that happen with us"

WELLLLLLL, if you have even been to Thailand you would have that answer.

95% of the population lives off of $1 a day. YES that is ONE US dollar a day.

Thailand is extremely poor and doesn't have the resources to acquire the same technology or even basic necessities as we do.

That is the laymans way of looking at it.

Although I guarantee there are more political and other ramifications behind this than they don't have the money. Microsoft is looking into the longterm and other avenues of how they will benefit from this.

MY .05 (cause I have more than .02 to spare. ;)

Chez:cheers:

Comment

they don't want linux to spread...........

Comment

of course cause they know it will own them

Comment

Working...
                X