Grantsdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grantsdale

I read that the Grantsdale chipset will be the first to feature PCI Express and the NewCard format. So, PCI Express will replace both PCI and AGP but for a while there will still be a PCI slot or two left in motherboard designs.

A question that I have was answered but I don't know if I understand it.

PCI Express graphics cards, which will use a x16 connector, will be propped up by the retaining slot, the connector, and a special clip, said Bala Cadambi, the PCI Express initiative manager at Intel.
    Is there going to be a designated slot on the motherboard for a graphics card or will the card itself include this special clip.

Also I wonder if the ATX form factor will change with the PCI Express changes or if it'll stay the same.

Hello , I saw that you were using pc3200 in a 2700 board . Do you see any overclocking goodness using 32 over the 27 or is there more loss than gain for the buck ... not that i really care about the buck .... is the gain ........

Comment

It is pretty much a necessity if you are overclocking to a high degree.

Comment

Usin' the higher rated memory not only gives ya better headroom when overclockin' but allows more aggressive memory timings as well.

Comment

I have the 2.53GHz overclocked to 2.85GHz and the memory running at 400MHz. I haven't ran any benchmarks to see if it actually runs any faster than 2.53/333.

Comment

Working...
          X