Athlon XP Steppings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon XP Steppings?

Does anyone know of any good XP steppings in the, say, 1800 range? I want to get atleast a 200MHz overclock on water. Also, any word on TBred dates/prices/overclockability? Those will work on 760 boards, right?

Oh yeah, whats the difference between the .13 process in the TBred and the .13 SOI process in the Barton? This question is entirely AMD roadmap specific. THx

Well you could check these 2 databases for info on steppings

but not all entries list the steppings as they don't seem to be as important with the XP series as in previous CPU lines. As to the difference between the two 0.13 build processes the Silicon On Insulator process will cut down on electricial crosstalk between layers providing more reliable data handling at higher speeds and maybe a higher FSB if that is not implemented in Thoroughbred. :smokin:
    <center> </center>

Comment

I am looking for an XP .18 or .13 (near future) to put in my KG7 and i just want to get a feel for what FSB i can push it to. I'd like to get a strait 2GHz on water. I just don't know whether i should get a TBred or what. If i get a TBred i'm going to want much higher cpu clock, but i dont know if i want to spend the money. Does anyone know if AMD will release the TBred one speed at a time or if it will come out in 4 speeds like the XP originally did. That could mean lower prices, thats why i ask.

Comment

ATM the rumour mill reckons that it will now debut at 2500+ rating meaning that another few jumps of the XP's are to come 1st. :smokin:
        <center> </center>

Comment

Working...
        X