X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I forgot to add the pic to show ya:

Comment

well i have have a delta case fan 80mm 76CFM also a front case fan. i have drilled holes in the spare drive bays to aid the flow of air. I have power supply fans, and one on my graphics card GeForce4 Mx460 overclocked GS!

My internal cpu temp is normally 46-50 when the; 22 room temp 28 case temp.

But it also sounds like a hoover!

Comment

Comment

I look at it this way, if ya can keep the CPU within 20C of room temp under full load then ya doin' well. My case temps are 2-4C over room temp and my overclocked 1800+ is 16C above room while my o/c'd 2200+ is 18C above room. This is why I ask for room temps as well as ya temps may look good but if ya room is 18C and ya cpu 44C that will tell me that there is room for improvement. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Comment

yep Artic Silver and nothing else!

Lucky escape!

Comment

Yep the crap ain't good and the HSF's ain't much better (probably why I have a box full of them) which is why only Volcano 7+'s are used here (and no, forget the f@#kin' 9). :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    Yep the crap ain't good and the HSF's ain't much better (probably why I have a box full of them) which is why only Volcano 7+'s are used here (and no, forget the f@#kin' 9). :devil:
                    I'm using an oem hsf at the moment, due to my elite fan placing skills, and artic silver being used properly, not to mention bundling and stowing away the wires for good air flow..I'm running a good 32c, but it's not OC'ed enough to actually heat it up. I'm gonna get a volcano 9 tonight and some faster beefier case fans. My case temp hits 40c sometimes.. not acceptible.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                      Fallen deity[/size]]
                      I'm gonna get a volcano 9 tonight and some faster beefier case fans.
                      Some ppl just don't listen do they? If the 9 was good then I'd save $5aus by usin' them. :hammer:

The 7+ performs better than the 9 and is much quieter while doin' so (by 3-5C).

If ya want coolin' and noise then get the Volcano 11 (a 7+ heatsink with SMART FAN II fitted). :devil win

Comment

You guys got it all wrong. When my systems internal temp gets too warm I dont spend more money on more fans. I open the windows. When my cpu temp gets down around 20C I close the window. It is hard on the plumbing in the house though. The darn pipes freeze quickly at -25F. It is a fair trade off though.

Comment

Seriously though; I am running a volcanoe 7+ and I love it because it is so versatile. When I am just cruising the net I leave it on the low setting and my temps run cpu 43C and my system at 29C. If I game with cpu running at 75% or more I set the fan to medium and keep the cpu at 48C and system stays around 32C. The high setting should only be needed for Overclocking in my opinion. I have sensitive ears though. If your ears don't care then the High setting should keep your 2000xp Palamino under 40 at idle. At least on my rig. It is cold as can be here so my info may not apply to you folks down under.
                          By the way, any of you folks ever make it down to the pole. I was lucky enough to get as far a Mc Murdo NAS in 2001. No cooling problems there.

Comment

Now that is o/c heaven. :devil win

Comment

Working...
                            X