need some help with memory!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with memory!!!

hi. after running pcpitstop's diagnostic utility on our computer, we were notified that we have unusually low performance on the hard drive (the uncached speed, to be exact) and the memory--the speed rating is about 1030 Mb/s. pcpitstop says that similar systems to ours perform at about 1720 Mb/s, so we're slow.
    They suggested that we enable our Level 2 cache, if the computer has one. Now, you're supposed to tweak that through the bios, but the bios does not have the option to enable or disable any cache whatsoever. In fact, the bios settings only let me change the boot sequence, and boot numlock status-woopdeedoo.
    so my question-does anyone know of any other way to enable level 2 cache (if the comp has it, that is)?
    our uncached speed on our disk is creeping along at 1.3 mb/s. pcpitstop didnt give any suggestions on how to fix this...
    can anyone help me to get our speed up on both our uncached speed, and our memory speed? I'd appreciate any suggestions, info or any feedback whatsoever. Help!:(
    -Young CompGeek

uhh, what kind of computer do you have? have you ran any other benchmarks? what kind of harddrive

Comment

Yeah, we'll need to know what puter you have, what OS you're running, etc etc before we could help ya.
      Onyx

TweakTown
      OCAU - Overclockers Australia
      CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Working...
      X