No announcement yet.

AMD System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jedi, would you be able to give us some feedback on what they did to the board if you could ask him? Just a bit curious that's all.

Chris

Comment

when i get the info ill post in this thread...

Comment

well I've done a bit of research on the board. I've decided to spend the extra bit and get Corsair ram. PC3200 512mb DDR CAS2. This should work well with the mobo, well only just over a week to go before I upgrade. Can't wait.

Comment

BIOS update and a APG VMOD up .25 or something like that. I didnt get into it with him too much, although i dont know how they get him the new BIOS when when i last checked there was only one and that was the one shipped with the board... :confused:

Comment

well thanks to the ppl that gave me the info.

I've ordered my new comp

Gigabyte 7vaxp
            AMD 2000XP+
            Corsair PC3200 512DDR CAS2
            and a triplex vid card.

Just a question, I've heard that AMD is stopping it's Athlon at 2800XP+ and moving onto diffrent chips, this just a rumour or fact?

Comment

They hope to have Barton (512KB L2 cache) out by then and Clawhammer as well but things have been changing rapidly at AMD lately and some spec changes have been rumoured again. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

So the Barton will be Socket A but the Clawhammer won't be?? Have I got that right or totally mistaken? :cheers:

Comment

You got it right. :thumb:

Comment

:no: Ah..... I'm sorry but that bloody sucks! I just got me system yesterday. Specs as follows:

XP 2400+
                    Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
                    512MB DDR 333

Was thinking of upgrading it gradually but all that's obviously been thrown out of the window since Socket A's going to be phased out.

What I'd like to know is, is the Hyper transport system going to speed things up tremendously? And will overclocking still be as easy?

Comment

Originally posted by vincents
                      :no: Ah..... I'm sorry but that bloody sucks! I just got me system yesterday. Specs as follows:

XP 2400+
                      Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
                      512MB DDR 333

Comment

Socket A will be around for a couple of years yet but when the Athlon64 (Clawhammer) comes out, socket A AthlonXP's will replace the Duron as the budget processor. :devil win
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

...ah... socket a.... the good stuff....
                          You guys will be able to use your socket A mobos for quite awhile as currently AMD has only one core planned with the 754 socket... and look how long its taken them to implement that one. Soon as they can develop budget procs for that socket they may move the entire line over. But even then they have a good number of fab plants producing socket A procs that would have to be moved over. As as much as we think Athlon/Socket A technology is rapidly fading, thats only true in the Top-of-the-line performance title. Socket A will still have uses for a long time to come in the other areas, namely trhe budget domain and mobile market...

Comment

Working...
                          X