1800+ overclock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1800+ overclock?

First off I know there are few kits out there for oc/ing XP's but are there any you have used? And what kind of results can I look for?
    I've got an Athlon slot 500 oc/ed to 700 with a gfd and an Alpha. It has been stable as a rock. Now I'm building a new pc with a Soyo dragon + mobo. The L1 cache look very very tiny on the cpu.
    Thanx Ed:thumb:

For overclocking XP's.. I recommend going to <a href="http://www.tomshardware.com">Tom's Hardware</a> as they recently made a small video clip showing exactly how to overclock an XP and what you need for it. Results can vary from motherboard to motherboard, but you should easily be able to get a couple hundred Mhz out of it...

Comment

I also linked a couple of reviews in the Web News on 1 paticular kit that seemed very good so if ya check bak thru you will find them. ;)
      <center> </center>

Comment

OK I'll see what I can find and read. Have a few on the house Ed

Comment

Wow did I have to back for this but here's one

but the other may have been in a batch that got recycled when a problem with the database happened so I hope this helps ya. ;)
          <center> </center>

Comment

Dont XP require a specific unlocking kit?

Comment

Originally posted by choovak
              Dont XP require a specific unlocking kit?
              not really a specific kit - but you need an insulating poymer to fill in the pits in the L1 bridges and a conductive epoxy or ink to reconnect them

I got a conductive ink pen here: http://www.amkcomputers.bc.ca/ I didn't like the idea of epoxy - if you accidently join the wrong contacts - epoxy is pretty permanent.

Comment

Working...
              X