No announcement yet.

bottleneck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt4 on one of those? lol I had well...........windows 3.1 and norton desktop lol.

Comment

not just nt4, NT4 Server! running as a Primary Domain Controler :D

Comment

all on a 486 33? REgular NT4 alone requires......um 66MHz? lol

Comment

it was either a 66 or 100? not totally sure.
          Still a mean effort for a 486 :geek:

Comment

lol the baddest of the 486 bunch was the mighty DX4 120MHz. man that thing was a beast! That one overpowered some of the earliest Pentiums it was so powerful. Early as in 60Mhz 75Mhz and even the 80MHz. I even got my hands on one for quite a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
              ReSpAwN DeMoN[/size]]
              actually they only have problems with the 60GXP family it was fixed in the 70 family. But only certain ones are affected. If you look in my signature you'll notice that I have one as well. I have one from the 60GXP. But mine has no problems YET and I have had it for OVER A YEAR.
              Sorry but the problems started with the 75 series and continued into the 60 series. Not much has been heard about the 120 series though but I do hear that they are extremely hard to sell and that 333hr p/m operating time can't be helping either. No wonder IBM sold that part of the business off to the Chinese. :smokin:

But atm the HDD would have to be the biggest bottleneck with the modern PC as everything else has to wait for it. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

oh lol that's right. I forgot about the 120.

Comment

I think most have after the previous two. ;)

Comment

lol the baddest of the 486 bunch was the mighty DX4 120MHz
                    Haven't you heard of the 486 200!!!!
                    That was the fastet 486

Comment

Actually no I haven't. Did you make that up or is it real. I could have sworn the 486 after comming out with the DX over the SX came out with 4 of them. And the DX4 was the 120MHz. Becuase when the 120 was already outperforming the early pentium's. 200MHz is alot and it took a while for pentium's to hit that speed.

Comment

Yeah it's real, i remember at the time it was about the same speed as a P100, but with out the extra functions.
                        It might of been only brought out by AMD though, can't quite remember???
                        But it is real :eek:

Comment

I don't remember AMD releasing one of them either. :confused:

Comment

I know someone did???
                            I had a friend with one.

Do a seach at google for 486 and it comes up with abotion pills :laugh:

Comment

after a bit of quick reseach i can comfirm that AMD released a 486 133MHz (intel didn't), and it was equivatlent to a P75.
                              And the was a 487!!!
                              here is some info on the intel 486's http://burks.brighton.ac.uk/burks/foldoc/10/58.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X