No announcement yet.

Opteron SPEC CPU 2000 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya but I got understand where your comming from like a few weeks ago I bought a 512 stick. You remember that right? I might and I mean MIGHT get a new processor just so I can keep up a bit. But my thunderbird/geforce3 is holding up just fine. The thread in the bg "how do you know when its time" like I said in there I still have not run into a single game that I can't run maxed out.

Comment

Here's another thing to consider as well, DDR II isn't that far away either. :devil:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Have any idea on if its the same form or not? Like something like a simple bios flash I'll be able to support it? Or wait I can support ddr333. But I'm saying if I had a board that supported that fast ram.

Comment

I can't see how it can as DDR II will run at much faster speeds. :?:

Comment

So it'll be a totally different physical form?

Comment

Probably not so much in physical form (but not keyed the same) but chipsets will have to support it too. I believe that there has been some fast action goin' on at certain places lately which seems to support some changes in strategy though. :smokin:

Next year should prove interestin' anyway. :devil:

<center></center>

Comment

ya between the new athlons nv30 and the new P4's. Which is again another reason not to upgrade right away cuase yoru not sure what is gonna prove out the best.

Comment

Ok now Ace's Hardware is gettin' into the act with backup from AMD's press release, http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=50000312 :devil:

Comment

More info, http://www.eetimes.com/semi/news/OEG20021016S0019 :devil:

Comment

I lke the line that if it were released now it would be by FAR the fastest processor. oh man this just gets more and more exciting.

Comment

Yeah as basically these 2GHz CPU's that are about atm are obsolete now. :laugh:

Better is to come. :devil:

Comment

That's sick.......oh man I can't wait to see how this goes. My personally feeling is its only gonna get better then this. I don't think the new P4's stand a chance! Hyperthreading? HA what a joke........ We have AMD's thingy (I forgot the word)

Comment

Yes that cpu is going to rock! :thumb:
                            Next summer Intel will have their 3,6 ghz on the market.
                            This is going to be very intresting to se indeed.

:)

Comment

Working...
                            X