No announcement yet.

Extracting Issues-looking for answers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting Issues-looking for answers!

Hello all, just built a new system with help of a experienced friend but we are running into a problem. System consist of AMD X6 1055T, GA-880GMA-UD2H,2GX2 mushkin RAM, Antec 750W PS, and a WD 320G Hd till i can add on a SSD. The issue we are having is extracting compressed files. The process seems to get to about 90% complete then fails we have tried it with XP,Vista, and windows7 all OS are giving us the same issue. My friend seems to think the processor is faulty any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Extracting Issues-looking for answers!

What compressed files are you attempting to open and what program are you using to open them with?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

i believe he was using 7zip and using it on basic files he tried 2 different antivirus programs and both failed to complete. unfortunately he is the computer savvy one i dont have alot of specifics on the problems he has been the one troubleshooting it.

Comment

Tell him to try Winrar instead just to be sure it's not the application.
        WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

You may also need to have him test a file you directly zipped/rar'd up given to him via USB or something, because if he's downloading them they could be corrupting on his connection which would make them fail as well.

Comment

Working...
        X