AMD is working on a new speed testing method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD is working on a new speed testing method

CNET just had an article on the new benchmark that AMD would like to develop to prove once and for all that they produce the fastest chips in the world, at a better price. Read here:

With a test like this we can finally compare the P4, the AMD XPs, and the G4 processor from Mac. Finally my Mac lovin' friend can't claim the G4 is a better processor cause it resizes a photo in adobe photoshop faster.

Now that would be interesting... :)

Comment

Yes AMD have been trying to push this for well over a year now. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I am betting that Intel is against it becuse they don't want the REAL truth known about their processors!
        Here are my specs:
        System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

WTF, the real truth is already known to everyone man...

;)

LOL

:geek:

Comment

If a new test becomes available that is fair across all platforms, then I'm all for it. But if it ends up being something that is biased towards the AMD line, then it can go suck eggs.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Exactly, fair should be fair... Well said... :thumb:

Comment

Here's AMD's "True Performance Initiative" FAQ page that has been up for quite sometime now, http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...4^3776,00.html , from info that was givin' at a conference sometime ago they're lookin' at something which takes in IPC (intructrions per cycle) X Speed and obtaining a rating that way. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                  WTF, the real truth is already known to everyone man...

;)

LOL

:geek:

Yeah.... and it's NOT INTEL!! HE! HE!
                  Here are my specs:
                  System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                    If a new test becomes available that is fair across all platforms, then I'm all for it. But if it ends up being something that is biased towards the AMD line, then it can go suck eggs.

Well said, I am with you an that one! I believe that really it should come from an INDEPENDANT source......so that no one can claim fraud!
                    Here are my specs:

Comment

Well you are probably right, AMD will beat the living **** out of all the new ****ty crap p4 INTEL Processors who can't perform ****... 533 fsb or not...

lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Your comments make me want to say INTEL RULES but I won't. AMD needs to win this thing fairly & it looks like they may soon be able to do it legitimately.

Comment

Intel will always rule in my opinion, but you've got that right,
                          let's hope they make it... For once...

:cool:

Comment

It seems that the benchmarks are constantly being assailed as unfair to one over the other. I feel that some of the differences are just showing where each processor excells. AMD has a definate advantage in some applications that all of "Intel's speed" can't touch.

Comment

Well it was reported in PCWorld that there is a class action lawsuit against Intel for their performance claims on the P4.

I think they may very well have a case on the old Williamette core.

And Ace'sHardware.com, Realworld.com, are getting hot-n-heavy in their discussions about fraudulent representations in BAPC0's benchmarks as detailed by long-time AMD supporter Van on Van's Hardware.com. Since AMD joined BAPCO they have reportedly been able to delve in the underpinnings of the benchmark to determine some interesting judgements made about the "selective" criteria used.

I've always found the people over at Realworld to be fair in their analysis, so what they have had to say on this matter has merit.

Van has been touting COSBI for a while now to try to devise a platform independent fairer minded benchmark. It's not comprehensive but probably a step in the right direction....

Comment

Working...
                              X