No announcement yet.

ok this is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol that's what I was thinking. For the things that he does I highly dought that he even uses what the AthlonXP's capable of. All he uses it is for word processing and web browsing. Yet he needs DDR? Go figure. I think a Duron 1 gig on a 200Mhz bus would more then suffice. Considering that he WAS running a duron 750. I can just see it now sneak out at like 4 in the morning and switch processors without him knowing. Gee I wonder how long it would ever take before he relizes. But upon him realizing, its to the dumps for me. My parents would block me from the internet AGAIN. GOD! lol

Comment

they are both 1.4's explane to him how you can utilise the XP functions but he can't, fail that offer him $20 in with the trade, fail that steal it :rolleyes:

Comment

lol all sounds good but.........I made that mistake once before. This was when I payed 50 bucks to upgrade from a K6/2-450 to a 500. I could have just as easily overclocked it was just a flip of a jumper away. I'm not gonna sepdn money on something that I can overclock to. I've hit 1.6 before wtih my processor before but it was unstable and crashed in 2 hours after opening quake. I've argued enough with him I think. Besides he's the one that thinks that his PC his raping mine when his mobo sucks. In fact last I heard he said I ONLY HAD a 1.4GHz athlon thunderbird. He has no idea about anything anymore.

Comment

it's not like he is going to go looking for the id of the cpu or anything, plus it's not like you go to hell for stealling:devil:

Comment

ya but is it really worth it to risk getting in trouble over an athlonxp 1600+ when I already have an athlon thunderbird 1.4? lol. Maybe if he were running a 19 and up then I would consider taking something. lol

Comment

I havn't seen an Athlon XP 1800+ yet that can't make it easily to XP2000+ rating. ;)
              (unless some poor quality part and/or cooling was holding it back)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ya the Athlon XP 1600+ is clocked at 1400Mhz ...so it's not as if he's losing any clock speed by trading with you...
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

hey, would the OC be worth the risk ? i haven't OC'd yet, so i don't know first hand, but in "real world" usage, would you see any difference ? a couple fps ? would progs load any faster ?
                  i ask because i'm about to buy an AthlonXP 1800+(price/performance) :?:
                  SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I don't really think squeezing 2 or 3 speed steps harmful so long as ya plan out that the case gets a good supply of fresh air to keep slightly warmer temps down plus only go up in small steps at a time and run some test's to make sure that it's stable before taking another step ruther along. That way if ya got that one step to far then ya know that you can start back at that last stable setting and look and see what maybe talking you a bit further. ;)

Comment

well truthfully I don't think overclocking reallly does anything. I think its only for bragging rights. I mean look it from my perspective. My processor is already running at One Thousand 400 MHz. With a video card already running at over 200MHz. With my bus running at about 266. You get me? Overclocking the CPU by 153Mhz to achieve 1.53GHz I don't think would do anything at all. Back in the day of the slower double digit processors or maybe even below 600Mhz processors. 50Mhz would be a massive increase. Not anymore though. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm just afraid of putting to much voltage to my processor and killing it right on the spot. I'm not worried about losing processor life, the thing already has 10 years if I cut it in half it would be 5 years what are the chances of me running my current processor 5 years from now?

Comment

good point..:lips:
                        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

There are things were you will notice though like the time it take to rip a video or sound file will be noticablely quicker and certain high texture games become that little bit smoother in more demanding scenes. :devil win
                          But the choice is a personal one to make. : peace2:

Comment

And here's a good reason why aussies will do this alot.

AMD Athlon XP1800+ 1.53MHz oem = aus$180 approx.

AMD Athlon XP2100+ 1.73MHz oem = aus$350 approx.
                            so as you can see that the price is almost double. :eek:

AMD Athlon XP2200+ 1.80MHz oem = aus$490 approx.
                            Out of my league sorry. :cry:

Oh and the opposition you ask?
                            Well their's comes in at,

Intel Pentium-4-1.8GHz S478 Retail = aus$330 approx.

Intel Pentium-4-2.2A 512K S478 Retai = aus$520 approx.

Intel Pentium-4-2.26GHz FSB533 Retail =aus$520 approx.

Intel Pentium-4-2.53GHz FSB533 Retail =aus$1300 approx.
                            Sorry but I don't have that sort of budget and neither do a lot of others. : peace2:

Comment

Mr.T paid 520 bucks for that 2.26 of his?
                              - Damien

Comment

I doubt very much that he paid the full price for it. ;)
                                I can generally get them for about $20-30 aus less. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X