what's in the box??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's in the box??

Just ordered a p4 2.4 (533 mhz edition). I was wondering what comes in the box. Does it come with the heat sink and fan for the chip, or do i need to buy that seperatly?

Thanks!!!!!!

all intel processors in retail packaging come with the HSF
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

and a little case badge... :)
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

And the installation manual in different languages...

Comment

Don't buy anything else then the Retail box when buying a CPU, if you could see what can happen to a CPU OEM and they are selling it anyway!!!

Intel P4 come with a nice Heatsink easy install with two arm to lock it there and a fan. Most of peoples will need nothig more than this even if overclocked (as mine is). Don't forget when you change your CPU don't touch (as much as possible) the pins of the CPU to avoid shortage, same thing for the Motherboard, Video card, Ram, Sound card, everything, try to avoid touching the Plastic Green Board of every components in your computer. The problem does not always come at the first boot but most of the time it happen later when warantie is about to void!

Good bye hope it can help ya

Comment

:D There's no doubt that the stock P4 heatsinks are good. But if I were intending to push that 2.4 to 3++ ANYTIME in the future, I'd want to start with the best available HS I could get my hands on. To put it another way, do it right the first time.

Comment

Look I know that I harp on about it a lot but take a good look at the Volcano 7+ in Dan's Data's P4 HSF comparison. :devil:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
              X