Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to try my question on this site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to try my question on this site...

Okay don't laugh at me to much please. Well i going to piece some spare parts minus a CPU together i got to get for a spare system. and no it's not going to be a power hosue or nothing. But my question is, The Celeron DC. is it the same as when looking at what CPU types a Mobo will support say a Celeron D. is it the the Dual Core Celeron that the mobo is talking about?

Here is the Mobo i got...

ASRock Motherboard - Product - 4CoreDual-VSTA - Overview

I know it isen't the best. But i have it laying around with 2 gig kit for it, So bare with me please.

CPU i going to get if it will work together.

Newegg.com - Intel Celeron E1200 1.6GHz 512KB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

So is there going to be a problam with these syncing together? I know it's onyl $50 but i want to make sure before i do buy it.

Guess what i'm comfused about is what the Mobo's will say which CPU's they support and with the Celeron they either say, Celeron & Celeron D. so not sure if this Celeron "DC" i'm looking at is the same as this Celeron "D" that specs on Mobo's will handle are same thing or not. Because i'm not finding ANY mobo out there that says handle a Celeron "DC"
    Last edited by FreakZilla; 09-02-2008, 11:51 PM.

Re: Going to try my question on this site...

Wells some site may actually confuse the terms you mentioned. It is always best to go to the motherboard manufacturer page and look up the compatible CPU's

Celeron and Celeron DC are not the same, and Celeron DC is not the only Dual Core ones either. Some are Dual's and some are not

So..... YES............

That CPU IS in the supported list for that board (Link was on the left of above page you linked) >>>
    ASRock Motherboard - Product - 4CoreDual-VSTA - CPU Support List

Good Luck with the Build!!!

Comment

damn can't believe i missed that, sorry and thank you.

Comment

NO problems, happens to the best of us!

I just posted the pic and link and all that schpeel incase anyone else read later on and wanted to for sure be sure!

Ya, you are good to go man

Comment

Working...
        X