Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.
    I have a rather odd hardware problem and question:
    Firstly, I have a year and a half old Alienware Aurora DDR system with an AMD Athlon XP 2 gig processor, NVidia NForce motherboard with onboard 6.1 sound and appearently the GForce 2 FX GPU.
    My current situation is that the original GForce 3 card that came with the system developed heat problems and I had to start using an old TNT2 64 pro card I had from my previous system. I want to know how to enable the onboard video GPU on the NForce MB to increase my performance for now until I can upgrade in about 3 months.
    I have the driver for the GForce2 FX listed under device manager for display adapters enabled, no conflicts or problems reported there. But, when I plug my NEC monitor into the VGA port onboard the motherboard I power the system up and the monitor will not even come up, like I don't have it even plugged into the system.
    I am supposing that the GForce 2 FX GPU onboard my NForce MB has at least marginally better performance than the ancient tnt2 series. ANYTHING will be better than the horrible 10-15 fps I get in the 2 games I mainly play right now.
    Thanks. (:

Comment

If you have a video card, enabling the on-board video will net you even slower performance than you have now.

Comment

Working...
      X