How to set CPU Affinity???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set CPU Affinity???

Okay i know how to do it for temp while program running through Ctrl+Alt+Delete. But my issue is i still love to play an older game called Unreal Tournament GOTY... Well I have a Intel Quad Core Q6600 and it was all running fine i went through and formatted because of a hard drive failing. Reloaded everything and now the game wont stay running for me at all what so ever.

What it's doing is, Game will start to fire up then will minimize, Then i reclick it on my taskbar and pops up for like 1 sec then Minimizes again. This will keep repeating until i close the program down. I've tried buncha diffrent things to figure out the issues with Video card, Video Drivers etc and it just wont run for me.

So i'm thinking the issue is with this Quad Core because did hear that UT99 GOTY has issues from time to time with Dual/Quad Core CPU's. So i want to set the Affinity on the CPU and Game so everytime i fire up the game it'll just goto 1 core not all 4 cores to see if that will help or not. But i dont know how to do that. Could someone please help me out here?

My System Specs
    Motherboard: ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA
    CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600 (Stock, No OC'ing)
    Memory: CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
    Video: ATI X1950 Pro AGP (Stock, No OC'ing)

If need anymore info just ask or whatever, I'll try to answer with what i know best i can to you guys, Thank You.

Re: How to set CPU Affinity???

After 57 views to this not 1 person can give me a answer with this? All i need to know is how do i set basically a program to 1 Core on the CPU for all the time not just temp. through Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Comment

Hi,
      Not sure if you ever found something to set the affinity.
      I have seen this apps that's suposed to set affinity for a program, tho I have never used it.

At the time, we had an application that wouldn't run on a core 2 duo cpu, but we ended up buying a new software instead so I never got to try it out.

Grypht

Comment

There is another program called imagecfg.exe, it's supposed to do what you're looking for. You can download it from here and there is some details on how to use it in here.
        PC Motherboards - Cheap Computer Parts

Comment

Working...
        X