Big price cut today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big price cut today!

Seems like the Intel Core 2 Dous took a huge price cut today at Newegg. This E6600 went from $310 to $235 overnight plus you get a free game with it.

Re: Big price cut today!

Yeah, this has been in the roadmap for a while. You can also expect some new CPUs to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th View Post
      Yeah, this has been in the roadmap for a while. You can also expect some new CPUs to show up.

I read about this price cut in January while surfing the web.
      Whats the latest on the new CPU's? I'm just about ready to order again but I can hold out for a while if it'll do some good.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob View Post
        I read about this price cut in January while surfing the web.
        Whats the latest on the new CPU's? I'm just about ready to order again but I can hold out for a while if it'll do some good.
        The E6320 and E6420 should be available now from major vendors. I know some people have seen them on NewEgg. The 6320/6420 are simply cache bumps from their parents, upped to 4MB L2 cache like the E6600. So OC them to 6600 speeds, and performance should be identical, or even slightly better as the upped FSB drags everything else along for the ride.

Comment

I can't wait for the QX6800 to come down further ^^
          Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
          Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
          CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
          CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
          GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

The QX6800 and X6800 won't come down much if any. They are top end enthusiast chips that some people will be crazy enough to pay for no matter the cost. Mid level chips are what Intel is cutting to keep AMD on the edge.
            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
            Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
            Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
            Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
            PC P&C 500W PSU
            2TB Seagate
            Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Until AMD gets K10 out the door (Q3/Q4 2007), I wouldn't expect Core 2 Quad to come down in price. It won't be until this time that applications with more than two threads are mainstream anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X