TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

well i know keith and he mentioned that you were on TT forums:afro:

Comment

hmm... ok :)
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy

That's an understatement. can we actually get motherboards for 0 AUS or less?!?
          Sorry to dissapoint you beefy, but you can infact get a good mobo for $130...ECS K7S5A, based on the SIS 735 chipset which takes SD and DDR RAM, but..... it's not crap, like all the other SD/DDR hybrids out there. The DDR performance is just under that of a KT266a board, pretty impressive for $130....:thumb:

Comment

Doesn't the K7S5A like blowing up certain power supplies? :confused:
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
              Albinus[/size]]
              Doesn't the K7S5A like blowing up certain power supplies? :confused:
              No it doesn't blow them up but it does require a good one that supplies above normal wattage on the 3.3 & 5volt rails to run it stably which I've found mainly requires a PSU worth as much as the board itself if not more. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea...i tihnk the epox boards also have the tendency to do that...my frend had a 400W psu and his 5 volt and 3.3 volt were too low and it died after a few months and now he's got a topower 420w:D

Comment

Never heard nor had an EPoX board do that. :confused:

Comment

hmm well maybe it was just a one-off...maybe his original psu was faulty....who knows...altohguh i'd still go for an epox board anyday...:afro:

Comment

Working...
                    X