Upgrading To 3700+ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading To 3700+ ?

Hi. My current setup is asus k8v-se deluxe mobo, 512x2 corsair value select, amd64 3400+(the old one with 2.2ghz and 1mb L2 cache), PNY geforce 6800 ultra OC, wd raptor 74gb 10k rpm hd. I was wondering if upgrading to the new 3700+ would be of any use. I mainly use my computer for gaming, doom3, cs:s, cs1.6.. How much of a difference would it make? I was told that the old amd64's are alot different than the new ones.

Re: Upgrading To 3700+ ?

The only possible differences between your 3400+ and the 3700+ is 200mhz and the CG revision. Not worth the money, you may as well overclock your 3400 by 200mhz and have the extra performance for free.

Comment

You'll have to switch to socket 939 for any meaningful CPU upgrade, and even that would be a huge waste of money. A 2.2GHz Clawhammer is plenty, but you can OC if you want. You will see gains, but not huge ones. All of those games are more GPU-reliant and no existing video card will be CPU-limited by any Athlon 64 2GHz or greater.

Comment

thanx guys... I was about to sell my mobo and cpu and get an nforce3 with fx-53 til i read your replies.

Comment

Working...
        X