CPU resources@100%????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU resources@100%????

Can anyone explain to me why my CPU resources are at 100% in the Win XP-Pro Windows Task Manager. Not always..... but a very significant part of the time! Working like this is like veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow.

Re: CPU resources@100%????

read the xp tweaking guides at http://tweakguides.com.

Comment

Before tweaking it, make sure to clean the system. You may have picked up a nasty little trojan that hides in the background.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Did you look at the processes tab to see whats eating it up?

Comment

Do you by chance have Mcafee Internet Security suite 6.0 and are using spamkiller and privacy service?

Comment

If you use any Norton software (ie: firewall/virus , etc) then it would be a major hit on your resourses . I have found Norton to be a resource hog in most of its applications running in the backround (hence I personaly never use any Norton software) .

My.02
            Last edited by stereo55; 09-10-2004, 04:00 PM.
            * i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 - Evga x58 Tri-SLi
            * 2x Samsung 410 slim 250's = RAID0 - Samsung F3 1TB - 18gig Mushkin 1333 - Evga 560 x2-SLi - Corsair 1000HX/CM Cosmos 1010 - Windows 7 Ultimate

* XFi Titanium - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel - Soyo 24" - 42" Samsung B450 Plasma
            * "Random segments of code and ghosts in my machine"
            Heatware

Comment

The AV and firewall don't use that much resource power, but those who decide to go with the System Works or Utilities packages will be in this boat. I've been using the AV and firewall (in conjunction with a hardware firewall) for about a year now and have no problems with resource levels. Usually I'm sitting at no more than 5-6% at idle.
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

Working...
              X