2800 BARTON??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2800 BARTON??

IVE JUST BROUGHT MY NEW CHIP a 2800 barton :( i was currently using a 2500+ which was running **** hot, but i sold it and got the 2800 wot a mistake!! the mulitplyers are locked down and i cant get any info to unlock it, it's running at 2.4 at the mo but my 2500 was scoring better on 3d running at 2.2 10x 220 can any 1 tell me how to unlock my mulitplyers on this 2800 ? p.s the wire trick dont work. many thanks gazroid
    e-mail [email protected]

you cant unlock the new chips

theyre superlocked and can only be unlocked if you turn them into mobile chips which allow changing the multiplyer "on the fly" in windows

Comment

It doesn't just turn them into mobiles, but also into MPs. That's why you can't just plop them on a single-processor Nforce 2 board (Mobiles work just fine). If you got two, unlocked them, and put them onto a dual-processor baord, you could mess with the multipliers and stuff. But that's an insanely expensive solution that wouldn't increase performance as much as getting a new A64 and motherboard to go with it.

Basically, just up the FSB and don't worry about the multiplier.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, ive unlocked the chip using liquid silver, but it still wont unlock the multiplyers wot can i say i tried :)

Comment

Working...
        X