No announcement yet.

upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download and run CPU-Z and tell us the motherboard details (giving us a screen shot of those details would be even better) and then we'll be able to better inform ya. Plus starting another thread basically with the same end in mind is not a good idea.

Comment

manufacturer: compaq, model: 0784h, chipset intel 845d rev 4 southbridge: intel 82801ba(ich2), bios: compaq 686Y2v3.04 7-29-02, agp 2.0, aperture size 256 , data rate 4x, side band adressing enabled.

Comment

Seein' as the mobo itself is made by Compaq it could very well be that the BIOS on it will not support anything other than a 1.6GHz P4 (I've tried a few PII's and PIII's b4 with Compaq mobo's and they failed to boot with higher rated CPU's) but even if ya could get a 2GHz P4 into it the performance difference wouldn't be all that much and my suggestion to you would be to start plannin' on building your own PC with more up to date features and performance (even with overclockin' options).

Comment

Re: upgrade question

i also would like to upgrade, and i have the same exact comp. I'd appreciate any help with a cpu upgrade

Comment

Re: upgrade question

Hey, slovak, i updated my pc to a 2.6 P4 400mhz and my pc works great, so go ahead and give it a shot

Comment

Working...
            X