Can someone help me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me???

Hello, I just bought a biostar M7NCG Pro motherboard. The problem I am having is that no matter what I do in the bios, the board always goes to 100Mhz with a multiple of 11.5. I have an Athlon XP 1800+ and two 256MB PC2100 memory sticks. The processor worked on my old motherboard before it (the motherboard) broke. I flashed the newest bios biostar has and installed the newest drivers but nothing works. I emailed biostar's tech. support but they never got back to me. The other things I have are a Geforce4 MX 440 8X, generic 20x10 CDRW, D-link DFE-530TX+ and SB Live. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I forgot to mention something important, please let me know.

Thanks.

You set the FSB to 133 and it keeps going back?

Comment

That's right. In regular operation, it let's me set it to 100, 133 or 166. I have tried all three and it still reverts back to 100 (or more precisely 99.8). Also, although I may be mistaken, I believe that the 1800+ is supposed to run at 1.75 volts but when I use Sandra, CPU-Z, it says that it is running at 1.85. But like I said, I could be wrong and that is what it is supposed to look like, I never did any research on that.

Thanks.

Comment

1st of all is are the memory both of the same make and model?
        2ndly is there any jumper on the mobo for selectin' the proper FSB and if so is it in the right position (yes some nFore2 mobo's have this but ya mobo manual will help ya here)?
        3rdly why did ya buy a mobo made by a Tier 1 OEM builder instead of a Tier 1 manufacturer? :confused:

Comment

The memory sticks are made by Kingston and Spectek. If it helps, they did work in the old board which was a PC Chips brand. I have looked all through the manual and didn't find anything about a jumper for FSB. And the reason why I bought a biostar board was because, at the time I didn't have a lot of money and wanted a board that I could overclock should I decide to do so in the future plus have USB 2.0 and preferrably firewire. Technincally this board meets all those requirements, except for the fact that I have the problem with the FSB/multiplier.

Thanks.

Comment

Very likely ya prob is the 2 different sticks of memory as ya usin' a dual memory channel setup now and dual memory channel setups don't tend to work right with mixed modules.

Comment

Thanks, I will try taking one stick out and seeing if that helps. If you don't mind, I would like to keep this updated so you can know if it worked or not.

THanks.

Comment

Tried it with only one stick but that still didn't work. I think I am just going to end up buying another motherboard.

Comment

Well if ya do buy a new mobo the don't buy one from an OEM manufacturer (Biostar, Jetway, PCChips, etc). Pay a few extra $'s and get one from a Tier1 manufacturer such as Abit, ASUS, EPoX, Gigabyte or MSI as they're a way better investment.

Comment

Working...
                  X