Major problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problem

You mention overheating but you didn't say what case you use. Even the world's best air cooler won't do squat without adequate airflow moving within the case.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I can't see how overheating can be happening unless ya case's airflow has something wrong with it (can ya give us a pic of the case with fan positions and what fans are intake and exhaust) or you have incorrectly mounted the HSF.

Comment

ok ill try to get a picture i got a fan thats pushin the air out the back and the side pannel is open i leave it open.

Comment

You'll notice you'll probably get better air flow with the case closed as opposed to open.

DO you hae intake on your case?

When I modded my case I cut two blow holes in the side panel and put the panel on the case. I noticed that I actually felt decent amount of air flow being sucked into the case. When the case is open its discombobulated air flow and doesn't really do much.

Now imagine a fan in this same hole. 1000X more air flow.

Comment

yeah i got an intake on the case side but that doesnt help even tho i have the fans runing inside when my case is closed it heats up bad. and shuts my computer down.

Comment

Kinda silly question to ask ya, but here goes.

Are the intake fans blowing IN? My friend did that. Put all his case fans in so they ar eblowing out. Got a bit warm.

Comment

Yes, intake brings cool, fresh air into the case, but you also need to have approx the same amount of exhaust to remove the heated air that is created by the internal components.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

lol that is a silly question...but not a dumb one.
                  i have been building computers since i was 12 so i do know that the air flow has to be going out to remove the heat from inside. my case blows cold air in from the bottom then out through the back. right now on my chip i had to clock it down to 133x10.5 i think to get 1.4 ghz to make the cpu run alot cooler. when i had auto settings my mobo set it at 166x11 to get ...1.8ghz and my computer would run fine untill i started to do my rendering with
                  3ds max then it would shut down. after restarting it would go through the HD check then when i was in the OS again it would run for a few hours then shut down again. very fustrating so i said F*** it and down clocked it to 1.4 and it works fine. my goal is to at least run at my 1.8 like its sopposed to without the freezing... i dont want to do it but im seriously thinking about a Mac now...yes i said it a M-A-C

Comment

#1 Mac's are for Video Editors and Website Graphic creators. Not for me :)

#2 At least one 80mm intake in front unobstucted and one 80mm exhaust in back unobstructed is needed for good airflow in a standard midtower. Make sure ya got some good CFM going too. At least 20-30 intake and exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                    X