OC limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC limits?

What is the most likely oc ability/limit for the 2.4c & 2.6c procs on Asus flagship P4C800-E mobo combined with two sticks of

Corsair XMS PRO4000 DDR-DIMM 512MB, 3-4-4-8, 500MHz, with LED..:?:

Hard to tell I guess but any estimation..:confused:

Some of the users post some of the system specs.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I have never seen a 2.4 that wouldnt do 250fsb, its pretty much guaranteed if you have the right board to support it. Since you have the best overclocking board (320+) you could probably find the max of that CPU. That's gonna depend on when/where it was made.

Comment

Thx guys for you help, but is pc4000 mem needed to make the most out of those cpu's or is the cheaper 3200 or 3500 enough as I never tolerate any form of instability what so ever..

:cheers:

Comment

hey soulburner im glad to be the 1st who cant make 250 on a 2.4c. mine tops out at 239

Comment

Your CPU isn't the problem though. I would be willing to bet it has more in it. Yours doesn't count :)

To answer the question about PC4000, if you want to run the good 1:1 ratio of FSB : DDR then yes it makes a lot of sense to get the fastest memory possible. If it can't keep up, you will have to use the 5:4 divider, or in some cases even 3:2 if you have slower memory.

Comment

Working...
            X