No announcement yet.

Intel 845PE chipsets vs SiS 648 chipset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To use dual channel ddr, you need two identical sticks of goold 'ol fashion, yup you guessed it, regular DDR ram :)

Comment

You can use normal DDR eh?... well thats sexy... thats what I wanted to hear.. I was anyway planning to have two sticks of 512MB DDR 333 ... so I guess I dont have to invest extra on ram just on the mobo.. hmm.. me now leaning heavily to the E720 side.... heh does dual granite bay support 333 and above?... what about the FSB... what is the max it can be overclocked... thanks a lot guys.. me getting some really good advice and info from these boards... good luck and god bless.

Jinu Johnson

Comment

Keep in mind what i said, those two sticks of ram must be IDENTICAL (eg., same batch #, same company, etc). You can find that info by looking at your ram chips and comparing the two sticks.

As far as speed wise, the 7205 only supports PC2100 DDR (266) ... You can get to 333 if you were able to oc to 166mhz fsb, but i've not seen too many people able to pull off an oc over 160mhz fsb on a granite bay board unfortunately :/

Comment

Working...
        X