A7n8x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7n8x

After all the problem I read here about this Mobo....
    I wanted to change my a7v8x (ith which I have some problems beetween Ati 9700pro and chipset VIA) with this new a7n8x...
    What do You think?? Which one is better??

I have a 2600+ and 2x512 mb ram 333....2 Maxtor HD 133, Asus DVD, ecc...

The nForce2 chipset is much better than the VIA ones atm. :thumb:

Comment

:) That is what I wanted to read.......
      THK

Comment

I just bought that board, and it is excellent IMHO! lol integrated everything I don't have anything in any of my PCI slots, and I love it . I had trouble though, and had to call tech support several times. At first it seemed that WinXP or linux didn't like my new WD400 Caviar. So I put in my Quantum and tried installing windows again. When it started bluescreening out, and giving me bogus .dll errors I was scared... So I ran memtestx86 on it. In about 8 hours and 30 minutes my 3 sticks of 'generic' pc2100 gave me 393 errors! I am not even joking. The Nforce chipset is rather picky about memory. Luckily I had a friend who wanted some memory, so I gave him my two sticks, and then he bought me my two new sticks of PC3200 Samsung true DDR400 256 sticks. I also grabbed two copper cooling kits, as my friend agreed to pay up to 90 dollers, because that's the price of 2 sticks of pc2100 are from pricewatch. I learned 3 things from this ordeal. 1. NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy generic memory! 2. Don't call tech support if you don't need too, it just costs you $$ (I came up with the suggestions of installing an alternative operating system, swapping the HDD, and then testing the memory. Basically the guy said that's what he would do... lol.) 3. Friends are very valuable :afro: My friend had a 256 stick of pc2100 crucial memory which he let me borrow until I get my new stuff.

The sole reason I did not test the memory first was because on my ECS K7S5A with the sis745 chipset it revealed 0, yes ZERO errors on it in the process of 6 hours!!!

Other than this 2 day ordeal it is an excellent board, and I am satisfied 100% with what I paid for it ($117, $110 before tax at this computer fair I went too :O)

Comment

I've had the A7N8X Deluxe for a few months...it's probably the best mobo I have bought to date
          :thumb:

Comment

What memory are you using in yours. I just got back from local computer show bought the a7n8x deluxe board with 512 pc3200 samsung memory on stick for now think i will have any problems ??? Figured i would get it up and running before added any more memory

Comment

that memory will suit you just fine =)
              it's better than what I'm using atm (kingston 512 pc2100)

although you would do better with 2x 256 sticks (or 2x 512) to take advantage of the dual channel option =)

Comment

I plan on buying another stick of 512 when i get up and running figured i would of wasted my money on 256 since i know that i would eventually take advantage of the dual memory

Comment

well....
                  I have 2 mem stick with 512 mb ram each 333mhz (2700) but it is not from a particular brand.... How can I understand "immediately" if it works??:(

So if it doesn't, I can try to sell it with the old Mobo that is already sold!

THK

Comment

Ummm I don't really know... Just buy the board, and if it doesn't work then ummm I guess your screwed :eek:. Theres not much you can do if the memory works, but the Mobo is just picky about it...

Comment

Started this mobo first time. DOn't worry about the small plastic cap in the AGP Pro slot. I think it's just there to help accomodate older AGP 4X card more easily. But take it out for 8X cards. I took it out anyway. I have no real bad problems apart from my Mem showing as only running at 133 in 3DMark 2001 SE and Sandra 2002 and 2003 tell me the same!!!??? For the CPU i have 100/133/333 settings for the CPu support Bus speeds dunno about ures every1. Im running on the 133 setting. Ive tried every configurations and set teh timings to SPD even. Optimal or aggressive - i know someone else with similar problems to me, i dunno if i need a bios update but Asus Tech sure have a Always busy server any time of the day. Plus the Asus update WinFlash does not seem to work properly. They need to smarten up in their Tech support area of field

Comment

.... well

I got it..... today I will install win XP....
                        Any particular suggestion about BIOS configuration???

(for the mobo, amd2600+, radeon 9700pro, 512x2 ram 333, 2HD, 1 dvd)???

THK to everyone!:)

Comment

Working...
                        X