nForce 2 mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nForce 2 mobo

Hey guys u all convinced me to go the nForce way instead of VIA's KT's. I emailed Soyo and asked if they are going to have a nForce 2 mobo out any time soon. They havent responded, so i am probably just gonna go with another company. I want to know what the best nForce 2 mobo is for about 100-120$'s. Or, do you think i should just hold of for the ClawHammer (remeber, im 13 and cant just go crazy on spending.)
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Might check this out as it has gotten outstanding reviews from all the places I've seen so far. It also fits nicely into yuor budget (even the RAID model) :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think Epox has a RAID version of their nForce 2 boards :(

Comment

Sorry... was thinking about their older line where all "+" models had a RAID controller. It appears that it does not have RAID...sorry. :o
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

yeah the "+" is LAN & Firewire this time - I wish Epox would bet a bit more consistant with their nomenclature...that's the one thing I don't like about Epox boards

Comment

IMHO, the MSI K7N2-L is the best bang for your buck. Check the review at Tom's, it beat the Abit NF7-F, and even the Asus A7N8X in performance. See that here! . You may call me biased, but Tom's is usually a very reputable source for good, accurate hardware info. Although, read the summary, because they say that it had the fsb up a little, so they say it's performance winning was "held at arm's length". Well, you can't go wrong on the price for an nForce2 mobo @ $85 or $90 bones (www.pricewatch.com). My $0.02

:cheers:

Comment

Thanks guys. I was already thinking of the K7N2 (but the "g" model). The Epox board looks sweet too. And why was the DDR400 getting lower grades then the DDR333. I thought only the KT400 from VIA had issues with PC3200 mem. And Darthanion, does that Epox board have the Dolby Digital decoder built in the nForce 2 chipset, becuase it said it had like Realtek audio or something.
              thanks guys, it will help my budget problems a lot, seeing as how a shooting to upgrade to an Athalon XP 2400+, with 512 PC2700 and a nice mobo, but on a budget:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
              <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Working...
              X