No announcement yet.

MSI-Awesome Manufacture??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO! Yeah I wish. I wonder if a company would actually be succesful if they tried this. who knows? Maybe some day a some one will do it, Ill wait to see how well they do then sue them lol.
    my view on the two party system...

Comment

Of course, if you use a sink that requires the four holes around the processor, then you're out of luck with the modern MSI line of boards (we're talking AMD here). Too bad for those who like the Swiftech or Alpha line of coolers. :thumbs do
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

You got a point, but im sure they will be changeing to a 4 hole design soon
        my view on the two party system...

Comment

I highly doubt it. They used to have those holes as it was part of the standard for the KT333 and earlier chipsets. It wasn't a part of the KT400 standard and they eagerly left it out of their design. I'm hardcore into the overclocking myself, so if a company doesn't want to serve my needs, I'll look elsewhere. :grr:
          My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by ZeAliOuS
            Im going to have to disagree with that article. I think that MSI's Suppourt is the best I have ever dealt with!
            As u eluded too in earlier post, maybe it was just luck........
            most definitely Luck as i personally use MSI Kt3 Ultra and
            will use any board by most manufacturers that currently sell
            products which fit the need/application long as they aren't
            running SIS{Sylicon Intergrated Systems} chipsets........
            And attractive colors do not a quality mobo make, although
            must say MSI has some of the better packaged mobo deals
            atm...............however, real world support is not there forte.
            And Asus has been and will, no dout remain, one of the most
            rock solid and dependable mobo manufacturing Companies
            with support being just as solid as their mobo's:2cents:
            Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
              Of course, if you use a sink that requires the four holes around the processor, then you're out of luck with the modern MSI line of boards (we're talking AMD here). Too bad for those who like the Swiftech or Alpha line of coolers. :thumbs do
              See my sig:Nuff said:flames: As am too lazy 2 change it here
              are my #1 pc stats:
              MSI Kt3 Ultra/Palomino 2100XP/Alpha 8045u/Antec Tornado
              PSU Enermax P365/dual fan/rheostat/fan speed switch
              Maxtor Dmax 40gb/Quantum 10gb HDD
              Antec HDD Colling System/Dual digital Temp Readout
              Optical Dives:LiteOn DVD/CD R/RW
              AIR Cooling: 7 80mm's/5 50mm's and 3 120mm's ATM
              Case Frankenstiened Apex
              OS Win 98se
              3Dmark 2001se Score 13532/at default settings
              Oh Yeah: Pny Geforce4 ti4200 64mb/the cooling card
              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by dryadsoul
                See my sig:Nuff said:flames: As am too lazy 2 change it here
                are my #1 pc stats:
                MSI Kt3 Ultra/Palomino 2100XP/Alpha 8045u/Antec Tornado
                Yeah the Alpha & Swiftech coolers fit on the KT3 series...but I think Darth is right...they don't work with the KT4 series

the orig. Epox 8K9A didn't work with the Alpha8045 either - but the 8K9A2/3's do:rolleyes2

Comment

Obviously, the ultimate goal of a good motherboard, no matter what it looks like, is to be feature rich, perform well, and be stable. Hands down! Lookin' good (colors, etc..) kinda ices that cake for me, though. :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by RDR
                    Yeah the Alpha & Swiftech coolers fit on the KT3 series...but I think Darth is right...they don't work with the KT4 series

the orig. Epox 8K9A didn't work with the Alpha8045 either - but the 8K9A2/3's do:rolleyes2
                    Just goes to show you that the folks at EPoX listened to the needs of their high-end users. Too bad MSI didn't follow that same business plan.

dryadsoul,
                    Here is what I said in a post just a little further down:
                    They used to have those holes as it was part of the standard for the KT333 and earlier chipsets. It wasn't a part of the KT400 standard and they eagerly left it out of their design. I'm hardcore into the overclocking myself, so if a company doesn't want to serve my needs, I'll look elsewhere.

Your board uses the KT333 chipset and the four holes were still a part of the standard required for this chipset. But it seems that when they came out with the KT400 series boards, they said to hell with the enthusiast. Too bad as I'll not deal with these folks.
                    My Toys

Comment

08:34 ET NVDA NVIDIA estimates trimmed at FBR on large design loss; target $11 (12.57)
                      Friedman, Billings, Ramsey has learned that NVDA has lost a large design win at Micro-Star (one of its largest customers) to ATYT; firm now believes that other designs at Micro-Star are at risk, given that they had been an NVDA-exclusive customer; additionally, firm believes NVDA's new GeForce FX line will ramp more slowly than expected due to low yields on both discrete and board-level products; trims FY04 rev/EPS ests to $1.80 bln/$0.61 from $1.83 bln/$0.63 (consensus $1.82 bln/$0.59). Price target is $11.

here's some more MSI news if you're interested - I can't vouch for reliability
                      :rolleyes:

Comment

Yeah, I read something similar at some *cough* other message boards. But RDR woudn't know anything about that. ;) This is HUGE news! I saw the poll on MSI's index page a while ago and thought, hmmmmm...

Comment

Working...
                        X