No announcement yet.

Ga-8inxp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opps.... dual channel does not double frequency.. it only doubles bandwidth.. my bad :p

so dual DDR266 = 4.2gbps

is there any mobo for dual DDR33 @ 5.4 gbps ?

Comment

whats all this about 667?
      its not the FSB so what is it???

//alias

Comment

In a similar thread here we are talking about the SiS655 chipset on the Giga-byte board.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=8309

Here's a review

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2003/giga...inxp1394-1.htm

I've given up getting the Giga-byte Granite Bay. I haven't been able to find any in stock since they were supposidly released.

Hope to find out if the GA-SINXP1394 is available from a friend tonight... She owns a shop and was assured from her rep that she could get them.

My main rig blew up and I've been waiting a long time for Granite Bay availability. Can't wait much longer and this seems to be a resonable replacement.

There are hints that it supports DDR400

Comment

For what it is worth...the GA-8inxp is a very good mobo...however save your money. The chipset is way too expensive for the mere gain in performance. I've seen 2 ppl now sell this mobo only after several weeks of ownership(says alot!) Do yourself a favor and wait for the SiS655 mobo by Gigabyte to hit the streets, not only is it cheaper, it's faster...finally something to really talk about. Also, there are performance gains to be made with faster ram(400ddr) running on a 533fsb as hard as it may seem to believe. I've cancelled my order for the GA-8INXP and am waiting for the GA-SINXP1394. Do what you want(it's your money), but I'm getting the SINXP. Intel has been the big hold up with all these mobo manufactures, I believe SiS is very hungry and should be able to produce these chipsets for mobos shortly. From what I've read, The 850 chipset now needs to move over and make room for the SiS655....
          It does support DDR400 and HT(bo stepping chipset).
          :cheers:

Comment

interesting indeed, if it shows same or better performance than 850e then maybe i'll switch. But sis, will it be stable...:?:

Comment

I think SiS knows that with a great product delivered at this moment it will pust their name extremely far. It would be the straw that breaks the camels' back if the 655 isn't stable and they know it. They have a chance here to gain considerable market share with a product line that shows its' brawn at this moment in the wake of the GB offerings by Intel. If, as I believe it will be, the SiS 655 chipset will be the new king of the hill. Look at it this way, why are ppl willing to buy the GB chipset? To have the top dog? Why spend that much money on this expensive of a chipset if it isn't the best p4 platform going? I mean after all, why not stick with the 850 chipset which is top dog STILL! Is ram the issue? After all the hype about how expensive rdram is when compared to the cost of the GB mobo it really isn't that much more expensive. One thing to keep in mind though is that the death blow has been delivered to rdram, and the amount of ram supported on the 850 chipset is also an issue, but most gamers are quite happy with its' ram limits. Once the bios gets tweaked on the SiS655 it will no doubt be the mobo to catch. I'm buying the GA-SINXP1394(BO stepping) for sure! I cancelled my vaporware GA-8INXP mobo order.
              BTW, NewEgg has the P4G8X listed for sale on their site...SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

Comment

I have stayed out of this for a while . . .

Well, I too have found the 8INXP impossible to come by. After two more webtailers basically lied telling me they had it in stock, then charging my credit card, then whoops, of gosh we don't have it after all!

So, I have ordered an SINXP1394 as well. It is actually in the mail as I write. And it was cheaper. Although I can't understand how it could possibly help performance unless the FSB speed is overclocked substantially, I went ahead and bought Samsung PC3200 for it. It will be interesting to see if the system runs faster at PC3200 with CAS3, or PC2700 with CAS2.

I don't know if the board I ordered will be A0 or B0. How can I tell once it arrives? This is important to me as I am going to put a 3.06G P4 in it and intend to run HT.

Comment

Working...
                X