Clear All

• Pc Burning Like Crazy?

ok.... i got new hardware.
    2.4 B P4
    GA-8INXP mobo
    256 ddr ram 2100
    same ole gf2 GTS

Top power 365 watts psu..

i was rebooting my pc after installing some drivers for mobo and ****............... and then i saw ALOT of smoke coming out of my pc.............. like ALOT of smoke............
    what do u think happened?
    i pullged off the power then

Open it up and hopefully it was just the PSU that went good night and nothin' else. ;)

Good Luck. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

shorted probably, or the psu:snip:

Comment

Thanks
        I hope it's only the PSU.....
        cuz the PSU is GONE.... it's dead for sure.....
        but i just don't want my mobo , ram, cpu to get burn't or something... heh..

Comment

Look for the first time in nearly 5yrs I actually had one go on me and would ya believe that all I did was put a stick of SDRAM into my sisters PC and clean the crud out. But turned it back on and then, POP! followed by smoke and me yankin' the power cord. She was cetainly impressed by that I can tell ya though I wasn't. :(

Anyhow we sourced an old one that weighed nearly 3x the weight of the el-cheapo PSU that **** itself, installed it and back up we were. :D

Upon crackin' the seal of the PSU revealed that a long piece of alloy that was used as a heatsink had tilted over and shorted against other parts and the smoke was actually the PCB cookin'. :eek:

The only good thing about this cheap a$$ PSU was that it was fitted with a fuse which was the, POP!, and that saved the rest of the system. :thumb:

If ya have any melted wires though I can't say that you'd be that lucky. :cry:

Comment

whew.....
            sweet....u got some adventures there wiggo ;) ..... hope i get a lucky pop....
            luckily i didn't melt any wires..........
            i have rounded cables too so i think thats good...
            i didn't really want to buy my psu ne ways.... i wanted an Enermax one.......... but well all get tricked once in a while ;) hahah...
            The sales men didn't have that in stock... so i had to go w/ Top power.........

I contacted the sales men and he told me that he'll fix that problem........ so thats good.. cuz i bough eveything from him around 2 days ago........ and the psu i got it around a month from now......... so i still have my warrenty..... well i guess a 533 mhz laptop will do for now :D

Could it be my cpu? my temperture for the cpu was 42*............. now thats hot for me......i've had cpu's that freeze when they are around 30 *..............i used the regular hsf for p4.. the one which we get in retail.......

Comment

42 on a P4 is no problem.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yes.. Adventures... :)

Well lately here (3 out of 5) P MMX PC's seem to be blowin' their floppy drive controllers so the 2nd hand dealers are gettin' some old mobo business from me (has anyone else noticed this lately also or is it just my luck?) :?:

Comment

Hahaha lol wiggo :laugh:
                  ty for the good news C .... whew...

I do the same thing.............Trade in's are the best Hahahah......
                  use'em ALL the time hahaha.

Comment

Yes it's such a shame really as I'm gettin' a growin' collection of CPU's w/o mobo's for them but a recent development has just come to light that interests me so a few more old mobo's may have to be obtained just to try this recent insight as a little side project. :devil win

Comment

Working...
                    X