GA-7VAXP Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-7VAXP Ultra

I am looking to buy a new motherboard but i don't want to upgrade my CPU just yet as they cost so much. This means that i want to use my "old" AMD Athlon 1.3GHz @ 200MHz FSB.

However, the specs for the motherboard state that it will only take thse type of chip;

Supports AMD Athlon 700MHz ~ 1.2GHz @ 200MHz FSB

My question is does anyone know if my chip will work but at a lower speed, kind of underclocking or not?

Also am i mad to do this, will this speed make that much difference? I plan do buy a new chip when they come a bit cheaper next year so there is method in my maddness!

Reason for the change is that i need more functionallity from my motherboard

Also can anyone suggest a better board than this one?

Thanks

Ok then go and get an EPoX EP-8RDA+ (nForce2 mobo worth about $130us I think) and 2 sticks of 256MB PC3200 DDR memory (about $80us each about but better quality is worth the price if ya can stretch it that far) and that should give ya a terrific performance boost plus give ya a platform that will be perfect for CPU's that havn't been released yet (that will give ya a couple more very productive years with it). Ya can also dump the SB sound card as the mobo has an excellent 5.1 sound solution onboard that rivals SB 5.1's. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I wil check it out

Comment

Working...
      X