Advice on 8xAPG Vs 4xAGP and DDR Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on 8xAPG Vs 4xAGP and DDR Memory

I need some advice. In my quest for a Super PC Intel Motherboard. The processor I'm going to get is a Pentium 4 2.8GHz along with a Raidain 9700 All-In-Wonder Video Card.

So, Here is my problem. I'm finding out that I can either get 8xAGP with Dual Channel DDR2100(266Mhz). Or 4xAGP with Dual Channel DDR2700(333Mhz) or DDR3500(400Mhz). What I want is 8xAGP and DDR3500 but NOBODY makes this. I would even be happy with 8xAGP and DDR2700 but I can't find that either. I'm looking at the following boards.

Asus P4G8X Deluxe - 8xAGP and DDR2100 Memory
    Gigabyte 8XINXP - 8XAGP and DDR2100 Memory

Or

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 - 4xAGP and DDR2700
    Asus P4GE-V - 4xAGP and DDR2700

So, if I want to do a little gaming and some video editing what do i want to get.

Help !

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra 2 - 4xAGP and DDR2700
    Asus P4GE-V - 4xAGP and DDR2700

I beleive these 2 are the i845PE/GE chipset - so they are single channel memory - not dual channel
    You'd be far better off with the dual channel granite bay motherboards even though they only support PC2100

for dual channel PC2700/3200 - support you'll have to wait for the Springdale chipset - possibly next quarter...it will have the 8XAGP you're looking for as well - although the benefits are somewhat dubious

this question may be better received in the motherboard section than here in video cards

Comment

Consider it moved. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

i got the gigabyte granite bay mobo cause thats the only one i could ifnd instock anywhere but the p4g8x deluxe is also nice. I would def go with granite bay because 2100 ddr and it performs almost the same as rdram. My mobo comes in sometime next week!

Comment

Working...
        X