How Do U Build A Pc?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do U Build A Pc?!

Hi,after the reply from flaco,i did some research.
    i went on PCupgrade,and there was a section on buying a gaming machine! But heres ther problem there wasnt any pictures. So,i was wondering, what kinda tools do i need? where should i start? do i need others to help me build the pc? will it take forever? or should i just buy the stuffs and ask pro to help me?(but that would cost me 80 bucks).

This maybe a dumb question,but what is there a max amount of ram u can put on a pc? i saw people buying 1gb of raM but then do i need a special kinda motherboard?

thanks for ur help! TWEAK TOWN RULESSSSSSSSS!:shoot3: :thumb:

opps,one the part i said buying,i meant building thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately, it is rather impossible to answer a general question like that.
      Each component has it's own specific considerations. The specifications change from manufacturer to manufacturer, and model to model. Even the operating system you will be using has a lot to do with determining these things.

I built my first system with basic help from websites and manufacturer sites. There is a lot of research involved, but the research is free unless you have to pay by the minute for internet access.

It's up to you, you might try yourself and get reccomendations and help from sites like this. (We just love to help if we can)
      But if you choose to pay someone to do the building, make sure they actually know what they are doing. There is a big difference between putting together a computer and actually building a solid, good performing system -- that's what seperates the men from the boys.

As to tools;
      a #1 phillips screwdriver without a magnetic tip.
      some folks like to purchase a grounding strap - which isn't a bad idea at all. I just stick a pair of tweezers in the ground on an electrical socket and touch it a whole lot when I'm handling components.

If you have the desire to build, then you truly have everything it takes. Combine that with some careful research and the finances necessary and you will go far.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well if you aren't sure exactly how to do it then get the computer parts store to put it together for you. They will usually only charge a very small fee to assemble the thing. One store even offered to put the whole thing together for free for me.

Otherwise it's all pretty straightforward.....just lay everything out and you will soon see how to mount everything together.

Comment

just dont let it intimidate you, take your current computer apart and look how everythign goes together. As far as different parts.... Do some research on which part goes with the other. IE: some motherboards can only take certain speed memory in certain amounts. My motherboard i just bought is dual channel ddr which you have to use in pairs and cannot be higher than pc2100. Just go to the makers site and read stuff about the product. If your building an amd machine i reccomend a soyo mobo, if its Intel I would reccomend Asus, Gigabyte or Soyo.

Comment

Working...
          X