kt3 Ultra2-R problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kt3 Ultra2-R problem

I purchased this board a couple of months ago and have had no problems, until I wanted to upgrade the CPU. I had a Athlon 1800+and wanted to upgrade to the 2600+.I purchased the 2600+ with 266fsb, updated the bios, installed it and it won't boot. Do I need the 2600+ with the 333fsb? I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me. This is only my second computer build so I am still a rookie

After the BIOS flash did ya clear the CMOS before ya put the XP2600+ in? :?:
    No the 166MHz FSB XP2600+ is not what ya need. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yes thank you that worked but it only shows that its a 1900+ how do i change that

Comment

Ya BIOS is running the CPU at 100MHz FSB so this is either changed by a jumper or in BIOS to 133MHz but ya mobo manual will tell ya where and how as this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. ;)

Comment

that did it thank you. I have just one more problem. I bought the radeon9700pro and installed it and it seems to work fine but when i play a game or run 3dmark2001 it freezes everytime. any ideas

Comment

If ya got DX9 loaded then that's ya prob as 3DMark 2001SE doesn't support it and this is what happens (a new version is due with DX9 support soon). If ya havn't got DX9 installed then www.rage3d.com maybe a good place to checkout. ;)

Comment

thank you very much for your help:cheers:
              would that be the case with the games too. they might not support dirx9.0 either

Comment

Working...
              X