Discovering my motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovering my motherboard

I am having a bit of problem finding out what brand of motherboard I have. I have searched. I have looked through device manager and opened up my cpu with no luck.
    Any help would be great.
    Happy New Year:cheers:

dunno if there is an easier way but if you d/l Sandra 2003 from the "home" web page of this site it will give you all of the system info that you ever dreamed of.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

PrairieDawg has a good method.

Another way is, if it is storebought, check the specs for that model at the manufacturers site. (sometimes, this can be less than accurate if for instance the system was built for a shopper club type chain, such as Sam's - there are times they build special low cost systems for this type of store.)

Another dead on method, if you are using an AMI or Award BIOS.
      When the system boots, at that first screen during the POST process. (the one where you get the memory count etc.) At the bottom of the screen you will see "xxx" BIOS Date "xx/xx/xx" and a string of numbers and letters. the x's are just representative of the actual informmation which will vary from system to system

When you get to that screen, hit the pause button. Write down the BIOS supplier, the BIOS date & the string of numbers& letters - make sure you got it exactly.
      Then press "Enter" key to continue booting.
      Once you are up and running, head over to;

And follow the instructions at the top of the page to determine your motherboard.

Good luck!
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions.
        I have a version phoenix bios, and I cant find my ver. number or motherboard build company.
        This all started when a microsoft natural multimedia pro was installed and it wouldn't boot past bios. The keyboard works fine in windows. So I was thinking maybe bios was out of date.
        Well anyways I have had no luck fixing this problem.:hammer:
        Thanks for your replies thus far.

Comment

Belarc Advisor is another way to get details of ya rig as well. ;)

Oh is this a USB k/b by any chance? :?:

Comment

crack the case look onthe PCB (motherboard) for some print

one of which should be manufacturer and model as well as many others

then do a google search and follow the info untill u get the stuuf your after

Comment

I am going from a usb to a ps\2 keyboard. The usb keyboard always worked fine. There is no usb version of this keyboard.

There is very little print on my motherboard. It is also difficult to get to, it is side mounted.
              I have just exchanged the keyboard and get the same results. I am typing with the keyboard that wont boot rioght now! I just plug it in after windows boots and 80% of the time it works.

Anyways I think that bios wont see the keyboard or there is an error loading it.
              Thanks for your help

Comment

Then ya may have to make some changes in the BIOS then to through support back to the PS2 k/b port and not to the USB port (it's likely that it's just lookin' for a USB k/b and hangs when it can't find it), ya mobo manual will give ya more details about this. ;)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you, I found out that I have an asus motherboard. That program worked great.
                  I have toiled around in bios and cant find any option regarding keyboards. I will just have to keep trying:) .
                  Thanks

Comment

Under something like Chipset Features ya should find something like USB Legacy Support and USB Port 64/60 Emulation, these should be disabled (I'm not sure of the exact names here as it's been some time since I had my hands on one but someone else may know more accurately). ;)
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I found and disabled the legacy support option. I could not find the 64/60 option. It worked when I restarted but not when I turned the cpu off and powered up later.

I have searched the asus site and can't find my specfic model number. I find my series, but not my mothernoard exactly.

CPU: 1200 megahertz AMD Athlon Thunderbird
                      Board: Asus A7V-VM 1.02
                      BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD 2.04 12/07/00
                      I am positive that this a bios problem.
                      Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                      X