Is this MB manufacturer any good? Granite Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this MB manufacturer any good? Granite Bay

New Egg has the A-Open Granite Bay board listed and I was wondering if it this manufacturer is any good.

New Egg's ETA for this board is 1/6/02 and lists it for $215 US (I guess it's US)

A Open Granite Bay

Close up view

I'm now actively looking for parts for my new comp and would like some input.

Originally posted by G Smith
    New Egg has the A-Open Granite Bay board listed and I was wondering if it this manufacturer is any good.

New Egg's ETA for this board is 1/6/02 and lists it for 5 US (I guess it's US)

A Open Granite Bay

Close up view

I'm now actively looking for parts for my new comp and would like some input.
    How does a review sound: http://www.ocworkbench.com/2002/aope...ax4rplusp1.htm

They kind of like it quite a bit.

Comment

Wow,
      Thanks a bunch.. that's just what I was looking for!!!

Seems all three of the early Granite Bays are doing pretty well.

The AOpen is the only one I have seen a projected sales date on though.

Comment

I've never had any probs with AOpen boards except for the early KT266 ones (but then AOpen weren't the only ones with that chipset) and a mate of mine who is also a PC builder uses them as I use EPoX boards but he's just into stability where I like a little of the darkside involved. :devil win
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

LOL Wiggo...

Thanks for the thumbs up on AOpen..

The review DigitalDD pointed me to hinted that the gigabyte board MAY have added DDR333 support and run a bit faster. I've also seen something about SIS's answer to Granite Bay that may natively support duel channel DDR333...hmmm

Decisions!! :?:

Comment

Yes this coming year should prove a very interesting for both AMD and Intel platforms. :devil:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
            X