SK41G might go on fire if I don't get help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SK41G might go on fire if I don't get help

I am planning on buying an SK41G barebone AMD system http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=155. This new mini-sized barebone system features one AGP slot and one PCI slot. It comes with some onboard VIA Savage 8. I want to put in a video card that I have at home. The problem is, it only has a 200watt power supply. I have seen reviews that have tested this machine with an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. It seemed to work fine. The motherboard that I have in my other machine isn't as powerful as the ATI Radeon 9700 pro. It is only a Geforce 3. I don't see how the system can't handle it. I don't want the motherboard to set on fire, (I have done this before) when you turn the computer on for a few seconds and it sets on fire and then you turn it off and the fire is gone. Then you can't turn it on again. A new motherboard dead! I am not sure if that was because of me putting that 120watt to the motherboard and it wouldn't start and then putting a 300watt in. I still don't see how it set on fire. I don't know how that motherboard set on fire but I don't want this one to. This is part of what I will get for Christmas. I know I have seen reviews with that system and an ATI Radeon 9700 plugged into that agp slot and it worked fine. Also, it is not ATX form factor, so I couldn't buy the right power supply to fit. I don't want to do that anyway. Please help me.

It should be fine as ya can't put much in these several fans and drives so the PSU doesn't have to be huge and the worse that can happen is just no boot till ya take it out if power is insufficient. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply :). For such a small motherboard and low power it would require, it should be fine. I am glad knowing that computer will not set on fire like the last one.

Comment

Working...
      X