Gigabyte P4 mobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P4 mobos

I am building a system for a friend and I can't seem to persuade him that AMD is good, so he is going to go for an intel system.

Anyone have an opinion on Gigabyte's P4 MBs? Check them out

Anyone have any other board that are favorites? Don't need RAID or sound. Onboard LAN wouldn't be bad. Need lots of USB ports.

Thanks! :thumb:

:cheers:
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

Well it depends, is he going to be getting RDRAM or DDRRAM?

And about the AMD thing, just tell him with the money he can save he can get a better graphics card or something... PC in my sig for $1200.

Comment

Sorry - totally forgot to include that. DDR will be used

I have tried to tell him about the cost, but he knows Intel, so he wants Intel. :confused:

Thanks

:thumb:
      <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
      Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
      Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
      2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
      80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
      </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
      Blaster Live!<br>
      Volcano 7+<br>
      GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
      19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
      </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

Originally posted by wecaughtyou
        I am building a system for a friend and I can't seem to persuade him that AMD is good, so he is going to go for an intel system.

Anyone have an opinion on Gigabyte's P4 MBs? Check them out

Anyone have any other board that are favorites? Don't need RAID or sound. Onboard LAN wouldn't be bad. Need lots of USB ports.

Thanks! :thumb:

:cheers:
        Show him benchmarks...and how AMD look at abit...OWNZ...

Anyhow AbiT which is what i use has the IT7-MAX2...it comes with 10 USB ports the only legacy it comes with is PS/2 everything else is gone. Onboard NIC and Sound. Along with USB 2.0 it comes with 3 firewire ports (IEEE-1394). Also, comes with a HighPoint RAID controller (onboard obviously) and the new Serial ATA...which is good to have down the road.

Well here is a look at the board:
        - Damien

Comment

Working...
        X