Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer - HDMI Input

Hi folks,

Is the signal on the HDMI input also available for video-editing?

TNX

Re: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer - HDMI Input

I would believe so so long as it wasn't HDCP protected. Like using the MB's HDMI In and transferring a signal via HDMI from a video camera.

Though, that's not quite "video editing" so I may not have answered nor understand exactly your question.

An HDCP signal, AFAIK, cannot be intercepted and edited.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks,

The manual is using this signal to switch between the on board VGA and an external video source.

Nothing about processing the signal on internal hard-disk.
      I want to use this signal, coming from an external source, cable-recorder, to edit it with an video editing software.
      If this is not the case, I've to purchase an PCI card with also in and out HDMI port for almost $ 200.

So i've to choose between the mb Asrock Z87 Extreme6 or the video editing card.

Comment

Capture from a set top cable box/DVR? No. I'm pretty sure you're SOL there.

Hold until someone wiser that I answers but it's my understanding what you want to do will require that card. And even then I don't believe you'll get to "touch' the cables premium channels.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X